Updated 6:28 a.m. ET, April 8, 2020
- Global count: The novel coronavirus has infected more than 1.43 million people and killed over 82,000 worldwide, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- US cases near 400,000: The death toll is at least 12,900 after the country recorded the most new virus deaths in a single day.
- Trump reconsiders WHO funding: The President said he is putting a hold on WHO funding for what he says is a "China-centric stance," but then said he's only considering the move.
- UK PM in hospital: Boris Johnson is in intensive care after his virus symptoms worsened.
- Wuhan lifts lockdown: The Chinese city where the pandemic began is easing restrictions, more than two months after it was sealed off to control the spread.