Updated 7:00 a.m. ET, March 28, 2020
- The US has the most known cases worldwide, surpassing Italy.
- The US House approved a historic $2 trillion coronavirus response stimulus package.
- In South Korea, the number of recovered patients has overtaken those receiving treatment -- with a 50% recovery rate -- for the first time since coronavirus cases were first confirmed in the country in January.
- On Saturday, China begins its most stringent measures to curtail inbound travelers by banning most foreign nationals – including those holding Chinese visas and residency permits.
- Nearly a third of the world’s population is now living under coronavirus-related restrictions.