Updated 6:46 a.m. ET, March 18, 2020
- World on lockdown: The US and UK are among countries imposing stringent restrictions on movement, as millions are put under lockdown and borders close.
- Cash injections: Governments around the world are pumping huge sums of stimulus funds into their economies to keep industries from collapsing.
- More deaths loom: The world is bracing as the global coronavirus death toll nears 8,000, and case numbers approach 200,000.
- Stay updated: US officials mull sending cash to Americans, as the coronavirus becomes one of the gravest challenges of the modern age.
- Have a question or a story about coronavirus? Share it here.
Get Face Masks