Published Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:25PM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:00AM EDT
Thus far, there have been a total of 180 lab-confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Ontario schools and 108 in licensed child-care facilities.
CP24 will be updating this breakdown with the latest information provided daily by the Ontario government as it becomes available.
September 23: Forty-two more cases of COVID-19 were reported in Ontario schools on Wednesday. Twenty-one were detected among students, five were found among staff and details on 16 other individuals were not provided. Ontario reported 335 new COVID-19 infections on Wednesday.
The province says 153 of its 4,828 publicly-funded schools have now seen at least one COVID-19 case and two schools are closed.
New GTA schools with a COVID-19 case:
- · Ascension of our Lord Secondary School in Mississauga
- · Lester B. Pearson Catholic School in Brampton
- · St. Benedict Catholic Elementary School in Orangeville
- · St. Jean Brebeuf Elementary School in Brampton
- · Lord Elgin Elementary School in Ajax
- · Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School in Oakville
- · St. Andrew Catholic Elementary School in Oakville
- · St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Elementary School in Milton
- · St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Secondary School in Oakville
- · Guardian Angel Catholic Elementary School in Hamilton
- · Applewood Heights Secondary School in Mississauga
- · Central Peel Secondary School in Brampton
- · David Leeder Middle School in Mississauga
- · Sawmill Valley Public School in Mississauga
- · St. John Catholic School in Toronto
- · Saints Cosmas and Damian Catholic Elementary School in Toronto
- · Allenby Junior Elementary School in Toronto
- · Carleton Village Junior and Senior Sports and Wellness Academy in Toronto
- · George Webster Elementary School in Toronto
- · Kingsview Village Junior School in Toronto
- · Mason Road Junior Public School in Toronto
- · Warren Park Junior Public School in Toronto