Updated 6:23 a.m. ET, June 23, 2020
- More than 9.1 million cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed worldwide, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- South Korea says that a "second wave" of infections is underway in the country. A top disease control official says it began around the May holiday period.
- India has seen more than 100,000 new cases in the past eight days as the country struggles to contain the virus.
- Brazil has reported an average of 1,000 virus-related deaths a day over the past week.
- In the US, cases are spiking in some states as the nation continues to reopen. Young people in the South and West are increasingly testing positive.