Here's what the restrictions mean:
- People are only allowed to leave their homes for a limited number of reasons, including going to work, shopping for basic supplies, and going to the doctor.
- Exercise outside is allowed, according to the Austrian Interior Ministry website.
- Basic food shops, pharmacies and banks are staying open, but bars, pubs and restaurants are now closed.
- Schools are also shut, and all teaching will be done remotely.
- People are being urged to work from home if possible.
The stricter lockdown measures are scheduled to run until December 6, according to the Interior Ministry.
Austria has reported more than 208,000 coronavirus cases, including 1,887 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.